Call For A Free Consultation
CALL: 859-781-9100

Can I File a Civil Action Outside of Workers Compensation

Whether a person can sue when they get hurt at work is very fact specific.  Kentucky has an "exclusive remedy" of workers compensation for those injured at work.  Sometimes if the injury is due to the actions of a third party, a person may have both a workers compensation and third party liability claim.  Sometimes though a third party is protected by being deemed an "up the ladder employer."  Persons hurt by actions of third parties should contact an attorney for both advice in regards to workers compensation and a civil action.  Whether such "exclusive remedy" and/or "up the ladder" laws apply are very fact specific and it is important to contact Gatlin Voelker PLLC to learn of your rights.

Email Us For A Response

Contact our attorneys today We Are Ready To Listen

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Gatlin Voelker,PLLC

Gatlin Voelker, PLLC
2500 Chamber Center Dr. Ste. 203
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017

Phone: 859-781-9100
Fax: 888-456-9179
Fort Mitchell Law Office Map

Call : 859-781-9100