Call For A Free Consultation
CALL: 859-781-9100

How do I file an annual business report?

Part of owning a business in Kentucky is learning all the legal requirements you must fulfill each year. One of those is filing an annual business report. Unless you have a sole proprietorship, One Stop explains that you are required by law to file a business report with the Secretary of State's office.

You will get a postcard by mail that you must fill out and return or you can file online. If you have a new business, then you will need to submit extra information than you will in subsequent years. You will need to provide the names and addresses of those in power positions within the company, along with confirming the registered office agent and principal. Then you will just sign and date it. You also must pay a $15 fee. If you have an established business, you just have to confirm everything on the postcard is correct, sign and date it and pay the fee.

You have to file by June 30 each year. If you do not file on time, you could face administrative action and revocation of your ability to conduct business in the state. You will be sent a 60-day extension if you do not file by the deadline, but your business will remain in bad standing until you do file. This is not good for your operations and could lead to trouble with consumers. It is imperative to ensure you file on time each year. This information is for education and is not legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact our attorneys today We Are Ready To Listen

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Gatlin Voelker,PLLC

Gatlin Voelker, PLLC
2500 Chamber Center Dr. Ste. 203
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017

Phone: 859-781-9100
Fax: 888-456-9179
Fort Mitchell Law Office Map

Call : 859-781-9100